- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: about 8-10 minutes
- Makes: 8-10
- Freezing: excellent
Be the first to rate this recipe
Surprise your family with this tasty twist on the plain roti. The dash of spices will make accompanying dishes taste even better!
- 1 cup (250 mL) Golden Temple® Durum Atta Flour Blend + extra for dusting
- 1 cup (250 mL) whole gram flour
- ¼ cup (50 mL) cilantro, chopped
- ½ tsp (2 mL) turmeric
- ½ tsp (2 mL) caraway seeds
- ½ tsp (2 mL) red chili powder or green chilies, chopped
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- ¾ cup (175 mL) water
- Combine dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Slowly add water. Use hands to combine. Knead into smooth dough. Divide into 8-10 parts.
- Heat a heavy bottom tava, griddle or skillet on medium high heat.
- Dust rolling board lightly. Use rolling pin to roll each ball into circles about 3½” (8-9 cm) wide. Lightly dust dough while rolling to prevent sticking.
- Place rolled dough on tava/skillet. Cook until it starts to change colour and small bubbles form on surface, about 15-18 seconds. Use tongs to flip. Cook other side for 12-15 seconds. Flip. Use muslin cloth to apply gentle pressure while moving roti in circular motion, 12-15 seconds. Flip and repeat on other side, 5-8 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Wrap rotis in a clean dry cloth. Place in a wide container.
- Serve with Kashmiri Dum Aloo, Butter Chicken, Mirchi Ka Salan or other curry of your choice.
- Add some greens like finely chopped fenugreek leaves or spinach for a tasty twist.
- ©/® Smucker Foods of Canada Corp. or its affiliates.