Palak ki Poori
- Prep Time: 5-8 minutes
- Cook Time: about 6-10 minutes
- Makes: 15
- Freezing: not recommended
Be the first to rate this recipe
Sneak in some spinach greens and give a healthier, wholesome twist to the much-loved poori.
- 1½ cups (375 mL) Golden Temple® Durum Atta Flour Blend + extra for dusting
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- ½ tsp (2 mL) caraway seeds
- 1½ tbsp (22 mL) Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil + 3 cups (750 mL) for deep frying
- ½ cup (125 mL) spinach purée
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) water
- Mix first 3 ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Add 1 ½ tsp oil, spinach purée and water and continue mixing. Knead for 5 minutes to form smooth dough. Divide into 12-15 parts.
- Heat oil in a large wok to 350°F (175°C).
- Lightly grease rolling board with oil, just enough to prevent the dough from sticking. Use a lightly greased rolling pin to roll dough into a flat circle about 2” (5 cm) wide.
- Drop one poori into hot oil for deep frying. Gently press the poori, with slotted spoon. Poori should puff in 8-10 seconds. Flip and cook other side for 8-10 seconds or until both sides turn golden brown.
- Serve hot with choice of raita and pickle.
- ©/® Smucker Foods of Canada Corp. or its affiliates.