- Prep Time: 5 minutes + 1 hr for marinating
- Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
- Serves: 4
- Freezing: not recommended
At a party you host or at a pot-luck, this finger-licking delicious dish will have everyone asking for the recipe.
- 1 lb (454 grams) chicken, boneless, skinless, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 tsp (10 mL) fresh ginger garlic paste
- ½ tsp (2 mL) cumin powder
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) coriander powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Kashmiri lal mirch
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) cornstarch
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 drops red food colour
- Stir Fry:
- 4 cups (1 L) + 2 tbsp (30 mL) Crisco® Vegetable Oil
- ¼ cup (50 mL) curry leaves, chopped
- 4-5 green chilies, slit
- 1 cup (250 mL) onions, thinly sliced
- Mix marinade ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Marinate for 1 hour.
- Heat 4 cups (1 L) oil in large pot to about 350°F (175°C).
- Carefully drop 7-8 chicken pieces in hot oil. Cook 3-5 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink inside.
- Remove from oil. Drain excess oil on paper towel. Repeat for rest of the chicken.
- Heat 2 tbsp (30 mL) oil in a thick bottom pan on medium high heat.
- Add curry leaves and green chilies. As they stop sputtering add onions. Sauté for 8-10 minutes until golden.
- Add cooked chicken. Toss to mix together.
- Turn off heat.
- Serve hot as an appetizer.
- ©/® Smucker Foods of Canada Corp. or its affiliates.