- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25-30 minutes
- Serves: 4-6
- Freezing: excellent
Egg Curry or Anda Curry is easy to whip up and can turn a busy weeknight dinner into a delight.
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) Crisco® Vegetable Oil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) cumin seeds
- 1 cup (250 mL) fresh onion paste
- 2 Thai green chilies, minced
- 1½ tbsp (22 mL) ginger garlic paste
- ½ tsp (2 mL) turmeric powder
- 1½ tbsp (22 mL) coriander powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup (250 mL) fresh tomato pureé
- 1½ tsp (7 mL) garam masala
- 1½ (375 mL) cup water
- ¼ cup (50 mL) cilantro, chopped
- 8 hardboiled eggs
- Heat oil in a thick bottom pan. Add cumin seeds. As they sputter, add onion paste and chilies. Cook 10 minutes on medium heat until golden.
- Add ginger garlic paste. Cook for 30-40 seconds. Add turmeric, coriander powder and salt. Stir. Add tomato pureé. Cook for 8-10 minutes on medium high heat or until mixture reduces to a loose paste.
- Stir in garam masala. Add water. Mix well. Simmer for 5 minutes on medium heat. Turn off heat. Stir in cilantro.
- Cut eggs lengthwise into two and place in shallow dish. Top with sauce and serve with roti, paratha or rice.
- Prepare sauce in advance. Refrigerate for up to a week. Heat and serve with hard or soft boiled eggs.
- ©/® Smucker Foods of Canada Corp. or its affiliates.