- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30-35 minutes
- Serves: 6-8
- Freezing: excellent
This combination of potatoes and tender fenugreek greens is just like a pair of siblings. Different, but perfect together!
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) Crisco® Vegetable Oil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) fenugreek seeds
- 2 dry red chilies, whole
- 1½ tsp (7 mL) garlic, minced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) turmeric powder
- 4 medium (1½ lbs/680 grams) potatoes, peeled and cut into 1” (2.5 cm) pieces
- 2 cups (500 mL) frozen fenugreek leaves, thawed, excess liquid squeezed
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a thick bottom pan with wide opening. Add fenugreek seeds, dry red chilies and garlic. As they sizzle and garlic turns golden brown, add turmeric. Stir.
- Add potatoes. Stir to coat potatoes with oil. Cover with lid.
- Cook covered on medium heat for 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally until sides turn golden brown.
- Add fenugreek leaves. Stir well and cover. Cook for 10 more minutes.
- Uncover. Add salt. Cook for 8-10 minutes on medium, stirring every 2-3 minutes or until potatoes are cooked through.
- Serve hot with roti, paratha or poori.
- To make it a richer dish, cook potatoes and fenugreek greens in a spicy curry paste. Add some cream for a royal touch.
- ©/® Smucker Foods of Canada Corp. or its affiliates.